The tax specialists

Individual Tax

Individual Tax Return

Australia financial year end on 30 of June. You have to lodge your tax return between 1 July and 31 October for previous financial year income. You must get a PAYG payment summary or Group certificate by 14 July following the end of the financial year in which the payment was made from your employer. You can claim deductions for work-related expenses you incurred while doing your job as an employee.

General Deduction

- Tax Agent Fee
- Income Protection Insurance
- Donations to registered charities

You can claim deduction without a special receipt if the total expenses are less than $300. However, if you claim deduction the following expenses, you can not claim $300 deduction separately.

- Subscriptions to professional journals/magazines
- Registration/association/union fees
-- Sun glasses
- Overtime meals
- Uniform/occupation specific clothing/laundry and dry-cleaning
- Car/travel expenses
- Phone/tools and equipment/computers and laptops

Work-related expenses

- Shop Assistance / Sales : Uniform and laundry, stationery
-Nurse / Doctor : Union and membership fees, uniform and laundry, shoes and watch, stationery
-Defence Force / Police : Incidental expenses, boots, travel expenses
-Driver / Delivery : Sunglasses, safety shoes
-Chef / Cook : Tools and equipment, uniform
-Mechanic / Technician : Tools and travel expenses
-Labour / Construction : Uniform and laundry expenses
-Tiler / Welder / Architecture : Tools and equipment, travel expenses
-Cleaner / Waiter : Uniform and laundry, stationery
-Teacher / Designer : Stationery, books, teaching aid or design aid

Our Services

5,000km that you can be traveling your maximum deduction under the cents per kilometre method will be $3,300.

  • When you carry bulky tools or equipment
  • When you attend conferences or meetings
  • When you deliver items or collect supplies
  • When you travel between two separate places of employment (for example, when you have a second job)
  • When you travel from your normal workplace to an alternative workplace and back to your normal workplace

Work-related self-education expenses are expenses you incur when you undertake a course to obtain a formal qualification from a school, college, university or other place of education that is relevant for your current employment.

  • Accommodation and meals (if away from home overnight)
  • Computer consumables
  • Course fees
  • Decline in value for depreciating assets (costs exceeds $300)
  • Equipment repairs
  • Fares
  • Internet usage (excluding connection fees)
  • Parking fees (only for work-related claims)
  • Stationery
  • Student union fees
  • Textbooks
  • Trade, professional or academic journals
  • Travel to-and-from place of education


Business Tax

We can arrange the public liability and work cover insurance upon request.

strathfield accounting

Individual Tax

We help you to claim deductions for work-related expenses you incurred while doing your job as an employee.


You make the investment decisions for the fund and you're held responsible for complying with the super and tax laws.

strathfield accounting


strathfield accounting

Investment Property

You can claim a deduction for your rent-related expenses for a period of rent.

strathfield accounting

Start Up Business

Get advice specific to your area before you are setting up the business.

"Strathfield Accounting team believes it is important to listen to our clients and help their tax planning. "

James Park, Head Accountant

Contact Us